The South Australian Visitor Economy
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- Total expenditure has grown to a $7.8 billion, up 7 per cent for the year ending March 2020*
- International expenditure fell 3 per cent to $1.1 billion for the year ending March 2020
- Overall domestic expenditure grew by 9 per cent to $6.7 billion
- Interstate overnight expenditure grew 3 per cent and intrastate overnight expenditure grew 14 per cent
- Day trips expenditure grew 11 per cent to a record high $1.7 billion.
*Standard reporting normally compares the last 12 months against the previous 12 months. Refer to page 2-3 in the Value of Tourism fact sheet regarding the impacts of the summer bushfires and COVID-19.
For details of the NVS methodology, please refer to tra.gov.au/domestic/domestic-tourism-results.