The South Australian Visitor Economy
Quarterly - Year end March 2019
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 8 per cent to a record high $7.2 billion.
- Visits to South Australia grew 6 per cent to a record high 7.4 million.
- Nights in South Australia reached 34 million.
- Interstate expenditure rose 23 per cent to a record high $2.5 billion.
- Intrastate expenditure in South Australia also rose, up 12 per cent to $2.1 billion.
- Interstate visitation grew strongly, up 15 per cent reaching a record high 2.8 million.
Notes: For details of the NVS methodology changes in this release please refer to https://www.tra.gov.au/domestic/domestic-tourism-results