The South Australian Visitor Economy
Quarterly - Year end December 2018
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 3 per cent to $6.8 billion.
- Visits to South Australia grew 4 per cent to a record high 7.1 million.
- Nights in South Australia reached 34 million, flat for the year.
- Interstate expenditure rose 12 per cent to a record high $2.2 billion and intrastate expenditure in South Australia also rose, up 2 per cent to $1.9 billion.
- Interstate visitation also grew strongly, up 11 per cent reaching a record high 2.6 million.
- Domestic expenditure growth of 4 per cent was driven by expenditure in regional South Australia, up 6 per cent to $2.7 billion.