The South Australian Visitor Economy
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- Total expenditure has fallen to $6.5 billion, down 14 per cent for the year.
- International expenditure fell 16 per cent to $907 million for the year end June 2020.
- Overall domestic expenditure fell 14 per cent to $5.6 billion.
- Interstate overnight expenditure fell 21 per cent and intrastate overnight expenditure grew 12 per cent.
- Day Trips expenditure fell 6 per cent to a record high $1.5 billion.
*Standard reporting normally compares the last 12 months against the previous 12 months. Refer to page 2-3 in the Value of Tourism fact sheet regarding the impacts of the summer bushfires and COVID-19.