Managed Event Sponsorship
Events South Australia is proud to work with a range of partners across our managed events.
Santos Tour Down Under
The Santos Tour Down Under is owned and managed by Events South Australia, a division of the South Australian Tourism Commission.
Race Director Stuart O’Grady OAM is supported by Assistant Race Directors Annette Edmondson and Carlee Taylor, a duo recognised with the Rising Star Award at The Advertiser, Sunday Mail and SkyCity Woman of the Year Awards 2023.
Facts and figures
- The Santos Tour Down Under is Australia’s greatest cycling race. It features a three-stage UCI Women’s WorldTour race and six-stage men’s UCI WorldTour race, both held at the highest level of international competition. A city criterium, Tour Village in Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga and range of associated events – among them street parties, group rides and DeTours day trips – add to its appeal.
- The Santos Tour Down Under is broadcast across Australia through the Seven Network and also seen in 190 territories worldwide, offering a local, national and international platform for commercial partners.
- Forty-two hours of domestic broadcast race coverage were shown on the Seven Network in 2023, with stages one to three of the Santos Tour Down Under women’s race broadcast live on linear television for the first time.
- The Santos Tour Down Under is the multiple winner of Best Tourism Event and Best Sporting Event at the Australian Event Awards.
- The event has a social media audience of more than 233,900 people.
Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel started in 1997 with Events South Australia becoming responsible for its management from 2014.
Showcasing the best of the country alongside home-grown heroes – be chefs, winemakers, producers, brewers, distillers, restaurateurs and more – Tasting Australia brings together a full-bodied, locally grown program of activity. The next edition of Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel will take place in autumn 2024.
Facts and figures
- Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel is led by creative team Darren Robertson, Karena Armstrong, Emma McCaskill, Meira Harel and Banjo Harris Plane. South Australian culinary legend Simon Bryant is festival patron.
- In 2023 the 10-day festival welcomed more than 68,000 people to its Town Square hub in the heart of Adelaide: Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga.
- Tasting Australia presented by RAA Travel has a social media audience of more than 75,500 people. It maintains strong media partnerships with The Advertiser and Channel Seven.
- Fodor's Travel named Tasting Australia one of the most exciting food festivals to experience in the world, alongside Venice Food & Wine Festival and New York City Wine and Food Festival.
- “Three things go through my mind after Tasting Australia each year. One: how did I cram so much good food and drink into such a short space of time? Two: how much is property in Adelaide again? And three: gosh this is the best food party in the country. It's always a joy to be in South Australia, but never more so than during Tasting Australia.” – Journalist Max Veenhuyzen
Tasting Australia 2017
The National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant is the traditional start to the festive season in Adelaide, with hundreds of thousands of happy faces lining the 3.2-kilometre route each November.
Every year a culturally diverse audience of children and adults eagerly awaits the arrival of floats as this magical parade brings Christmas joy to the streets of Adelaide.
Growth initiatives such as activations, public engagement, national media coverage, national television promotion, education and merchandising have seen the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant continue to build and shape its legacy.
In November 2022 the event celebrated a milestone 90 years. Since 1933 the event has brought joy to the people of South Australia through every character, float, band and clown. It allows families and friends to share joy, amazement and a sense of community.
Facts and figures
- A total of 240,000 spectators lined the streets of Adelaide to enjoy the 2022 National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant.
- The 2022 event was the first year back on the streets of Adelaide since 2019 after it was held as an arena spectacular at the Adelaide Oval due to covid restrictions.
- The 2022 event had a live and replay national broadcast audience of more than 583,000 people.
- The National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant has a social media audience of almost 42,000 people.
- The event maintains strong media partnerships with News Corp and Channel 9.
National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant
Events South Australia offers a range of commercial partnerships for our four managed events. We join strong, reputable brands and organisations in connecting across government, business and local, national and international audiences.
Our team collaborates with partners to build a shared understanding of commercial imperatives and deliver tangible results. We’ll work with you every step of the way to ensure the audiences you seek are authentically engaged. We’re creative, passionate and ready to deliver quality programming, rich content platforms and in-event activations.
Be part of the experience with Events South Australia.
Get in touch
Events South Australia offers a range of commercial partnerships for our world-class managed events.
Our team works with renowned organisations and brands to provide opportunities to connect with and engage across government, business and diverse local, national and international audiences. We welcome the chance to speak with you about event partnerships.
For all sponsorship enquiries, please contact Ryan Healy [email protected].