The latest report of domestic visitors to/within South Australia - see domestic performance to June 2021 here.
Top points from the report:
- Domestic visitor expenditure rose by 3 per cent to $5.8 billion in the 12 months to June 2021. Nationally the domestic decline was 6 per cent.
- Domestic expenditure down 16 per cent on the pre COVID high of $6.9 billion at December 2019
- Intrastate expenditure year on year grew 29 per cent to $2.6 billion.
- Interstate expenditure fell 15 per cent to $1.7 billion.
- Day trip expenditure declined 7 per cent to $1.4 billion for the 12 months to June 2021.
Notes: For details of the NVS methodology changes in this release please refer to https://www.tra.gov.au/domestic/domestic-tourism-results