The latest report of domestic visitors to/within South Australia*
*Please note that the results for year ending June 2020 include the impacts of the 2019/20 summer bushfires and four months of the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions.
Top points from the report:
- Domestic visitor expenditure declined by 14 per cent to $5.6 billion in the 12 months to June 2020.
- Interstate overnight expenditure fell 21 per cent to $2.0 billion.
- Intrastate overnight expenditure fell 12 per cent to $2.0 billion
- Day trips expenditure fell 6 per cent to $1.5 billion.
- Strong growth in 2019 hides even more significant declines felt in 2020, particularly in the months of April and May.
Notes: For details of the NVS methodology changes in this release please refer to https://www.tra.gov.au/domestic/domestic-tourism-results