The latest report of international visitors to South Australia provides a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report*:
*Please note that the results for year ending March 2020 include the impacts of the 2019/20 summer bushfires and the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions.
- Visits to South Australia have fallen by 3 per cent to 441,000 for the year ending March 2020
- Expenditure fell 3 per cent to $1.1 billion
- Chinese visitation fell by 24 per cent, nights fell 20 per cent and expenditure fell 19 per cent for the year
- The Indian market has grown across all metrics with visits up 66 per cent, nights up 40 per cent and expenditure up 40 per cent
- France saw visits increase by 7 per cent, nights grow by 17 per cent and expenditure up 60 per cent.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism