The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- Visits to South Australia have increased by 8 per cent for the year end December 2019 to a record high 488,000
- In line with this, expenditure grew 9 per cent to a record high $1.2 billion. Nights have risen 11 per cent to 10.9 million
- Chinese visitation has grown by 16 per cent to 66,000 for the year end December 2019
- China maintains its place as our number one market for visits, nights and expenditure
- The Indian market has grown across all metrics with visits up 124 per cent, nights up 124 per cent and expenditure up 103 per cent
- Malaysia saw nights rise 7 per cent, nights rise 6 per cent, and expenditure rise 23 per cent to $59 million.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism