With our intrepid, can-do attitude to go boldly and dig deeper, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is inspired to achieve the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020 and beyond, to a new goal of $12.8bn by 2030.
Here at the SATC, we love our state and we love what we do. We want to bring visitors to South Australia to build a prosperous economy and share the love with the rest of Australia and the world. We search for undiscovered experiences, remarkable people and immersive products, and we tenaciously seek the best.
The Marketing Executive South East and & India will work closely with the Manager, Eastern Markets to implement and manage marketing activities in the South East Asian and Indian Markets, with a strong focus on digital marketing. The role is based in Adelaide, but will provide assistance to our international representative based in the region to deliver Marketing activities aligned with regional strategic objectives.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support the Manager, Eastern Markets with all marketing activities in the South East Asian and Indian markets
- Manage the implementation of Consumer Marketing Campaigns with Adelaide based Digital Marketing Team and with external Media Buying Agencies
- Facilitate campaign briefs and activity implementation
- Create or review Campaign Briefs and Cooperative Marketing Agreements with feedback as required.
- Provide information to SA operators and enlist support for participation in various marketing activities, including co-operative marketing campaigns, trade events both on and offshore.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary or diploma qualifications in tourism, marketing or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of South Australia’s tourism product
- Superior knowledge of international product requirements and the distribution system
- Advanced knowledge of consumer marketing including digital
- Experience in promoting tourism destinations.
The role will be offered as a full time, twelve (12) month maternity leave contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
The position description can be downloaded here.
Applications consisting of a resume and cover letter can be directed to Vivienne Li at the South Australian Tourism Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries can be directed to HR on (08) 8463 4513.
Applications close: Monday 9am, 16 March 2020