With our intrepid, can-do attitude to go boldly and dig deeper, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is inspired to achieve the strategic potential of $8 billion in tourism expenditure by 2020 and beyond, to a new goal of $12.8 billion by 2030.
Here at the SATC, we love our state and we love what we do. We want to bring visitors to South Australia to build a prosperous economy and share the love with the rest of Australia and the world. We search for undiscovered experiences, remarkable people and immersive products, and we tenaciously seek the best.
We are currently looking for a passionate administration professional with a background in Tourism to join the Marketing team in our Global Markets unit. The Operations Coordinator, Global Markets is the go-to role for coordination of our international marketing activities and provides a high level of support to our International Marketing Managers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure operational, contract and policy delivery to the Global Markets team, to grow expenditure to the State
- Facilitate impactful projects, and enable campaigns to achieve objectives within timeframes and budgets
- Support the Trade Events and famils teams to deliver key projects as directed
- Assist with contract deliverables from key agency relationships
- Facilitation of international representative contracts and associated activities, including timely transfer of marketing and representation fee funding in partnership with the Contracts and Procurement team
- Make recommendations for renewal or tendering of international representation and service contracts and facilitate the process
- Ensure ongoing communication of relevant information to and from international representatives
- Manage procurement processes, including the re-engagement of agencies globally
- Collaborate with the PR team to administer with the procurement execution of PR contracts
- Regular communication with all SATC staff and representatives locally and globally to ensure operational excellence
- Management of procurement, contract, operational and support elements for the team, including strong records management
The role will be offered as a three (3) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries can be directed to Jessica Mason in HR on 8463 4513.
A position description can be downloaded here.
Applications consisting of a resume and cover letter are to be directed to Claire Sim, Senior Manager Global Markets, at the South Australian Tourism Commission via email@example.com.
Applications close: 9am, Monday 18 March 2019.