Harvest Rock hits all the right notes as Adelaide hotel room bookings break records
Adelaide has rocked to a new record, with the return of Harvest Rock driving hotel room bookings to new highs.
The Saturday of Harvest Rock II saw 9,984 rooms occupied across Adelaide – making it the best Saturday night on record and just one room shy of the best night of all time, which is currently held by Wednesday 11 October 2023 during the Australian Masters Games.
The days leading up to and over Harvest Rock saw hotel bookings hit an all-time high, with rooms occupied from Tuesday 24 October to Saturday 28 October at an average of 9,679 each night – making it the best Tuesday to Saturday on record.
The latest figures from hotel data analytics firm, STR show the new Tuesday to Saturday record generated more than $11.5 million for Adelaide’s visitor economy in hotel bookings value alone.
The data demonstrates the economic value of major events and comes as the state gears up for another boost with Feast Festival, Shannons Adelaide Rally, CheeseFest, and VAILO Adelaide 500 on this month.
Hotel booking highlights:
- Saturday of Harvest Rock II saw 9,984 room nights occupied across Adelaide – the best Saturday night on record and one room night shy of best night of all time.
- The current Adelaide accommodation record is 9,985 room nights occupied, reached on Wednesday 11 October 2023 when the Australian Masters Games was held in Adelaide.
- Tuesday 24 October to Saturday 28 October 2023 saw a daily average of 9,679 room nights occupied across Adelaide, making it the best Tuesday to Saturday on record.
- Tuesday to Saturday generated more than $11.5 million in hotel booking value for Adelaide accommodation.
- Feast Festival | until 19 November
- Tarnanthi | until 21 January
- Shannons Adelaide Rally | 17-19 November
- CheeseFest | 18-19 November
- VAILO Adelaide 500 | 23-26 November
- Bay Sheffield | 27-28 December
- Adelaide International | 8-13 January
- Santos Tour Down Under | 12-21 January