Events South Australia is responsible for the creation, development and procurement of nationally and internationally recognised events, to promote South Australia as a tourism destination.
Reporting to the General Manager – Commercial Sales, the Sponsorship Manager is responsible for the generation of income through sponsorships, hospitality sales and effective account management of commercial sponsors. This role will also lead, inspire and motivate a team to achieve set goals and commercial outcomes for their Events. This role will focus on the Adelaide 500 and Bridgestone World Solar Challenge, as well as the Credit Union Christmas Pageant. A background in motor sport will be well considered.
Duties will include:
- Managing all aspects of the sponsorship program for the Adelaide 500, Bridgestone World Solar Challenge and the Credit Union Christmas Pageant, ensuring a high level of servicing and activation for current and new sponsors.
- Identify and secure new sponsors that are in line with the overall SATC strategic direction and in accordance with South Australian Government procurement practices.
- Managing and delivering external sponsorship reviews in relation to brand commercialisation.
- Execute sponsorship agreements (including new and renewal agreements) with Major, Corporate and Supporting Sponsors, ensuring they reflect negotiated outcomes.
- Manage the relevant sponsor servicing budget.
- Monitor sponsorship agreements including the invoicing process.
- Act as the central liaison point of communication for identified sponsors.
- Manage and attend to requests/enquiries from sponsors.
- Build and develop relationships with current and new sponsors.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to engage and influence others through effective verbal and written communication skills; substantial writing experience and excellent research, editing and project management skills. They will also be able to prove their ability to plan, prioritise, organise, monitor and co-ordinate workloads and meet deadlines under pressure, analyse information and be creative in solving problems.
The role will be offered as a three (3) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
The position description can be downloaded here.
Enquiries and applications containing a resume and cover letter only are to be directed to Kelvin McAlpine at the South Australian Tourism Commission via email@example.com or on 08 8463 4640.
Applications close: 9am, 2 October 2017.
Previous applicants need not apply.