With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 100 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
Offered as a maternity leave contract, this role is responsible for generating positive media publicity to position South Australia as a “must visit” tourism destination to key target markets. The PR Adviser will develop direct relationships with key media in the domestic market and will be responsible for proactively pitching media stories and responding to media enquiries. The PR Adviser will assist in managing the national PR agency, developing destination content, editorial, newsletter content and marketing collateral, for both traditional and online media. The role involves planning and coordinating famil itineraries, events management, product research and media monitoring. Additionally, the PR Adviser will support the Senior Manager, PR and Content in miscellaneous tasks within unit projects.
Reporting to the Manager, PR and Content, some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing relationships with key media domestically, in conjunction with the SATC’s national PR agency
- Developing publicity activities, story ideas and famils in South Australia and in key interstate markets
- Assisting in overseeing the famils budget by strategically planning for upcoming famils, estimating famil costs and tracking final costs, ensuring value for money
- Managing contracts for sponsorship of television shows
- Negotiating investment opportunities versus potential publicity ensuring famils are strategically aligned to the marketing plan and target markets and will deliver a strong ROI
- Planning and coordinating famil itineraries, in conjunction with the famils team including hosting overnight group famils and TV shoots
- Managing sponsored program content
- Assisting with management of national PR agency and assist with the review of agency contracts
- Providing media advice to regional managers and industry when required
Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to be adaptable, organised and able to change priorities on the run will be highly regarded, as will a history of excellent customer service and relationship building.
The role will be offered as a twelve (12) month maternity leave contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
Click here to download the position description.
Enquiries and applications are to be directed to Jessica Mason at the South Australian Tourism Commission via email@example.com or on 8463 4513.
Applications close: Monday 7 August 2017
The South Australian Tourism Commission is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.