With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 130 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
Working with the Senior Manager, Global Markets, the Partnerships Marketing Executive implements and manages marketing activities in Australia with travel trade distribution partners. The purpose of the role is driving these partners to deliver on consumer and trade marketing activities in line with the agency and regional strategic objectives, in consultation with the senior management team.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the implementation of tactical campaigns with trade partners
• Ensure marketing is ‘on brand and on message’ and in alignment with SATC’s strategy
• Facilitate campaign briefs and activity implementation
• Research destination and product information for use in SATC’s trade communications,
• Co-ordinate trade advertising as required
• Provide information to SA operators
• Conduct destination presentations and product training seminars to targeted travel agencies
• In conjunction with the Manager, National Partnerships, assist in the implementation of appropriate roadshows/trade missions /roadshows.
• Develop a working relationship with South Australian operators
• Assist with monthly reporting for the management and analysis of budgets and annual operating plan, including KPI’s.
• Ensure enquiries from travel trade partners, SA operators and other industry partners are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assist the Senior Manager, Global Markets with budget management
The role will be offered as a twelve (12) month maternity leave contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
A position description can be downloaded here
Enquiries can be directed to HR on 8463 4513.
Applications consisting of a resume and cover letter are to be directed to Claire Sim at the South Australian Tourism Commission via email@example.com
Applications close: 9am Monday 28 January 2019