With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 100 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
The Research Assistant is responsible for the tracking, recording and distributing of media coverage insights resulting from familiarisations, events, destination PR and corporate communications, including the management of relevant contracts. The Research Assistant also manages the research presence on the SATC Corporate website, ensures compliance with records management requirements and supports the Strategy & Insights team with various analytical and administrative tasks.
Duties of the role will include:
- Manage the SATC’s Media Monitoring contract, ensuring adherence to contract KPIs and identifying efficiencies where possible
- Import data provided by Media Monitoring agency into SATC systems and conduct further analysis and coding as required.
- Quantify the impact of media (e.g. ASR, reach, item count) and provide reports to various stakeholders with in the SATC, including input into Board reports. Key components of this include Destination PR, Media & Trade Famils, Managed Events and Corporate Communications.
- Conduct investigations using media monitoring data to support the broader insights work of the Strategy & Insights team
- Using the CD-Mota in-house database and other analytical tools, support the Commercial Analyst to interrogate the International Visitor Survey and the National Visitor Survey data.
- Error checking of reports prior to publication
- Data preparation and analysis, including providing recommendations arising from the data.
The role will be offered as a one (1) year maternity leave contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Position descriptions can be downloaded here.
Enquiries can be directed to Jessica Mason in HR on 8463 4513 and applications containing a resume and cover letter are to be directed to Adam Stanford at the South Australian Tourism Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
9am, Monday 16 April 2018.