With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that will play a key role in the state’s economic future with tourism having been identified as one of the future growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of just over 100 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
An exciting opportunity exists to be part of a dynamic team, driving strong tourism visitor growth from our emerging Asian markets. International visitor expenditure in South Australia has now surpassed one billion dollars, heading quickly towards 2020 targets. Visitation from China and neighbouring countries is growing rapidly due to a strong strategic focus from the SATC, supported by growth in aviation capacity and a vibrant tourism offering in our state. Reporting in to the Global Partnerships Manager, the Manager, Eastern Hemisphere will manage and drive the strategic and operational direction of our Chinese, Southeast Asian and Indian markets with a view to expanding into new and emerging Asian markets. Managing people both onshore and offshore, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team, using your Asian cultural communication skills to drive strong results.
Key functions of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of SATC’s international offshore representatives in the Eastern Hemisphere
- Management of strategy and implementation of marketing activity in the current Eastern Hemisphere markets
- Support and development of industry, advising and assisting South Australian operators in the promotion of their products in the Eastern Hemisphere markets
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Tourism Australia, STO’s, and airlines and identify and implement strategic alliances with other industry partners to build the profile and create positive outcomes for South Australia.
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager China, Regional Manager SE Asia and India develop business plans and provide advice to the Senior Manager, Global Markets and Global Partnerships Manager
- Develop and oversee the strategic direction for marketing activities particularly for Eastern Hemisphere markets.
- Lead and inspire teams both in SA and overseas
Qualifications in Marketing, Tourism or a relevant discipline are essential, and an MBA or advanced degree in international relations, commerce or marketing will be favourably considered. Ability to speak Mandarin fluently is also essential, with other eastern Hemisphere languages desirable.
The role will be offered as a three (3) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
The position description can be downloaded here.
Enquiries and applications containing a resume and cover letter are to be directed to Claire Sim at the South Australian Tourism Commission via email@example.com
or on 8463 4513.
Applications close: 9am, Wednesday 3 January 2018