Events South Australia is responsible for the creation, development and procurement of nationally and internationally recognised events to promote South Australia as a tourism destination. Events South Australia, through the South Australian Tourism Commission, owns and manages six events: the Santos Tour Down Under, Adelaide 500, Tasting Australia, Bridgestone World Solar Challenge, Adelaide Fashion Festival and Credit Union Christmas Pageant.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation of events marketing campaigns, reporting to the Marketing Manager within Events South Australia. This is a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced marketing professional to contribute to the success of some of our states most exciting and well known Events.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the effective implementation of agreed marketing strategies and plans, in order to achieve economic and social benefit to South Australia including increasing visitation and visitor expenditure, driving ticket sales and attendance.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager to develop and coordinate creative, media and digital briefs for internal teams and external agencies.
- Working closely with PR and Social teams to ensure plans and activities are aligned with marketing strategies and plans.
- Working closely with ESA’s Commercial team to develop promotional strategies to maximise the investment of event sponsors and value-add to ESA’s event marketing initiatives.
- Working with domestic and international marketing teams to align campaigns and increase visitors to South Australia through events.
- Working with event management teams to coordinate the production of event collateral that is consistent with the event branding guidelines.
- Administering tracking and reporting procedures and communicate campaign outcomes and activities with all stakeholders.
- Leveraging sponsored events to increase value
The role will be offered as a three (3) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
The position description can be downloaded here
Applications containing a resume and cover letter are to be directed to Andrew Fotheringham at the South Australian Tourism Commission at email@example.com
Enquiries can be directed to HR via firstname.lastname@example.org
or on 8463 4513.
Applications close: 9am 22 October 2018