With sights firmly set on the strategic potential of $8b in tourism expenditure by 2020, the South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) is an organisation that plays a key role in the state’s economic future, with tourism having been identified as one of the most important growth sectors for the South Australian economy. With a diverse workforce of over 120 staff, SATC operates in a relatively flat organisational structure that enables it to be nimble and agile.
The Corporate Communications Manager will lead the development and maintenance of relationships to continually strengthen SATC’s reputation with key stakeholders, and will promote the profile and initiatives of the SATC to regional, state and national media. This position plays a critical role in promoting the value of the visitor economy to stakeholders across Government and Industry.
The role requires significant interaction with key stakeholders in Government and Industry to ensure consistent messaging and will manage internal and external corporate communications to ensure those stakeholders have a cohesive understanding of the Commission’s strategic direction, success and challenges.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Create and reinforce messages that position tourism as a key economic driver with key stakeholders.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations to raise the corporate profile of the SATC.
- Develop and manage strategies to ensure a whole of agency approach to delivering messages and activities that position tourism as a key economic driver.
- Provide public relations advice to SATC Executive and Management team, tourism operators and organisers of special events.
- Identify, develop and implement issues/crisis management strategies and communicate those strategies to various stakeholders.
- Together with the Executive Director, Corporate Affairs and Human Resources ensure that an effective communications strategy is developed, implemented and maintained.
- Take a lead role in supervising the content of, and ensuring, internal and corporate sites are regularly refreshed and updated.
- Together with the Executive Director, Corporate Affairs and Executive team ensure an effective communications strategy and tools are developed and maintained.
- As a senior manager, take responsibility for planning and directing other members of the Corporate Communications team.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure team is briefed regularly and feedback sought and passed on to the Executive team.
The role will be offered as a three (3) year contract and subject to six (6) months’ probation and participation in regular performance reviews. A salary commensurate with experience plus superannuation will be offered.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role, and candidates with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
A position description can be downloaded here
Enquiries can be directed to HR via email@example.com
or on 8463 4513.
Applications can be directed to Ben Tuffnell, Executive Director, Corporate Affairs at the South Australian Tourism Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org
or on 8463 4513.
Applications close: 9am, Wednesday, 21 November 2018