The South Australian Government recognises the huge impact that COVID-19 has had on the events sector in South Australia.
The Regional Event Fund is designed to strengthen the state’s regional events calendar and drive economic stimulus across the regions beyond the traditionally peak summer tourism period.
Through the South Australian Tourism Commission, the State Government is committing an additional $1 million to South Australia’s regional events in 2021/22 to strengthen the regional events calendar by encouraging the development of new and innovative regional events, grow existing events, and drive increased visitation and economic stimulus to the regional economy.
The Regional Event Fund aims to:
- Strengthen the regional events calendar
- Drive regional visitation in the immediate term and lead to repeat visitation
- Increase event specific visitor expenditure, particularly from interstate
- Assist in COVID-19 recovery – recognising that events provide a vibrant and positive social environment for communities
- Promote a year-round calendar of regional events
- Encourage sustainable event opportunities to build long term capability
- Increase collaboration and partnerships among regional event stakeholders, government and commercial partners to deliver stronger outcomes for regional events.
Applicants can seek funding grants from $5,000 to more than $50,000 (excluding GST).
There are four categories in the Regional Event Fund, outlined below.