The South Australian Visitor Economy
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- Total expenditure has grown to a $7.8 billion, up 7 per cent for the year.
- International Expenditure fell 3 per cent to $1.1 billion for the year end March 2020.
- Overall domestic expenditure grew by 9 per cent to $6.7 billion.
- Interstate overnight expenditure grew 3 per cent and Intrastate overnight expenditure grew 14 per cent.
- Day Trips expenditure grew 11 per cent to a record high $1.7 billion.
- Regional visitor expenditure grew 7 per cent to $3.4 billion
*Standard reporting normally compares the last 12 months against the previous 12 months. Refer to page 2-3 in the Value of Tourism fact sheet regarding the impacts of the summer bushfires and COVID-19.