The South Australian Visitor Economy
Quarterly - Year end September 2018
This fact sheet provides a snapshot of the South Australian Visitor Economy.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 10 per cent to a record $6.9 billion, above the national growth rate of 9 per cent.
- Visits to South Australia grew 7 per cent to a record high 7.0 million.
- Nights in South Australia reached 33.5 million, up 2 per cent for the year.
- International expenditure has risen 4 per cent to $1.15 billion.
- Interstate expenditure rose 10 per cent to a record high $2.2 billion and intrastate expenditure in South Australia also rose, up 8 per cent to a record high $2.0 billion.
- Day trip expenditure has grown 18 per cent to $1.6 billion.