The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 12 per cent, to a record high $1.1 billion, above the national growth rate of 8.1 per cent.
- Visits to South Australia have grown by 6.5 per cent to a record high 436,000.
- Nights to South Australia have grown by 8.8 per cent to 10.6 million.
- Chinese visits, nights and expenditure have all risen: visits up 48 per cent, nights up 78 per cent and expenditure up 49 per cent.
- Education visits increased by 8.8 per cent. With the increase in Education visits, Education purpose expenditure has also grown, up 36 per cent.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism