The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- Results continue to be strong, with South Australia up in international visits, nights and expenditure.
- Expenditure and nights are above the national average and expenditure and visits are at a record highs.
- Expenditure has risen by 13 per cent to a record $1.1 billion, above the national growth rate of 9.8 per cent.
- Nights for South Australia have reached 10.9 million, up 10 per cent for the year end September 2017.
- Visits to South Australia have grown by 2.8 per cent in the year to September 2017 to a record high of 442,000.
- Chinese visits increased to a record high 61,000, up 58 percent on the previous year end.
- Singapore has again shown excellent growth up 16 per cent to a record high 16,000 visits. We have also seen nights grow by 85 per cent and expenditure by 24 per cent.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism