The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 10 per cent to a record $1.2 billion, above the national growth rate of 7 per cent.
- Visits to South Australia grew 9 per cent, above the national growth rate of 8 per cent to a record high of 475,000.
- Nights in South Australia have reached a record high 11.1 million, up 4 per cent for the year and above the national growth rate of 3 per cent.
- Chinese expenditure grew to a record high $415 million, up 32 per cent for the year.
- Visitors from the United States of America reached a record high 64,000 visitors for the year end March 2018, up 24 per cent.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism