The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 4 per cent to $1.15 billion.
- Visits to South Australia grew 4 per cent to 461,000.
- Chinese expenditure grew to a record high $426 million, up 15 per cent for the year.
- Expenditure from the United Kingdom rose 14 per cent to a record high $98 million above the 2020 target of $95 million.
- Growth out of Europe, with visits up 4 per cent, nights up 14 per cent and expenditure up 13 per cent.
- New Zealand has shown excellent growth with visits, up 9 per cent to 42,000.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism