The latest report of international visitors to South Australia will provide a snapshot about Nights,Visits and Expenditure.
Top points from the report:
- The highlight has been the rise in expenditure of 8 per cent to $1.15 billion, above the national growth rate of 5 per cent.
- Visits to South Australia grew 7 per cent, above the national growth rate of 6 per cent to 464,000.
- Chinese expenditure grew to a record high $416 million, up 18 per cent for the year.
- Growth out of Europe, with visits up 8 per cent, nights up 11 per cent and expenditure up 10 per cent.
- New Zealand has shown excellent growth with visits, up 13 per cent to record high 44,000, and expenditure up 11 per cent to a record high $59 million.
- How is South Australian Tourism performing against the goals set in the SA Tourism Plan 2020? Value of Tourism