Skip to content

The Tasting Room at Mayura Station

The Tasting Room at Mayura Station

Home to award winning Wagyu beef, Mayura Station was the first pastoral lease in South Australia established in 1845. Current owners, the de Bruin family, have owned Mayura Station for 20 years and introduced the Tasting Room in 2011. The Tasting Room offers a unique and interactive paddock to plate experience, taking guests on a journey of Wagyu beef.

Since opening in 2011, the Tasting Room has welcomed a variety of visitors with 70 per cent of visitors being local and the other 30 per cent made up of travellers – people from the Eastern Seaboard as well as from the Asian markets.

The Tasting Room has been awarded the South Australian Tourism Award for Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services two years running – 2016 and 2017. Mayura Station employs 30 locals in a variety of roles including chefs and front of house staff at the Tasting Room.

Watch the video and read the case study to find out more about this Tourism Champion.

Mayura Station, Limestone Coast
Tourism Champions - The Tasting Room at Mayura Station

Tourism Champion Case Study

Find out more about this Tourism Champion including business growth, challenges faced, community impact and what the future holds.

  • The Tasting Room at Mayura Station

    A case study on our Tourism Champion, The Tasting Room at Mayura Station.

    (1.64 MB)

    download view